After being part of a new team that works with outsourcing team with dynamic allocation of resources (developers) without using a software to plan and schedule the project, I’m now interested in experimenting some free web-based software for project management [project magement wiki].
Among the open source, web-based, here is the list of the ones that seem more insteresting, with some notes. I’m making this list in order to having them read to try.
- Endeavour Software Project Management. Needs Java EE 🙁
- EGroupWare written in PHP :), no scheduling
- PhpGroupWare. written in PHP, No scheduling nor portfolio management
- Project.NET for Windows, but real open source ???
- RedMine, written with Ruby on Rails, no Resource management
- Mantis Bug Tracker, written in PHP, no portfolio nor resources management. Used in my company as a bug tracker and it seems OK
- Collabtive, seems only a collaborative sw
- Dolibarr ERP/CRM, no issue tracking system nor scheduling, written in PHP.
See in this article how to manage developers